Temporary Resident Visa for Visitors Lawyers in Vancouver, BC

visitors visa immigration lawyers in Vancouver BC

Visitors are persons who are not Canadian citizens or permanent residents of Canada and are legally authorized to enter Canada for a vacation, to visit family, to study in Canada, or to conduct business. These visitors are restricted in the length of their stay and are subject to various conditions depending on their status.

A visitor may require a Temporary Resident Visa or Electronic Travel Authorization (eTA) to enter Canada, but not both. Citizens from the United States of America are exempt from either of these requirements. In some instances, in addition to the Temporary Resident Visa, you will need to apply for a study or work visa, depending on your purpose in entering Canada.

Book A Consultation

Do I Need a Temporary Resident Visa?

A visitor may require a Temporary Resident Visa depending on your country of origin. You might need a Temporary Resident Visa even if you are just traveling through Canada on your way to your final destination.

You must secure the Temporary Resident Visa from a Canadian Immigration Visa office located outside of Canada before you arrive. The Visa cannot be issued once you are in Canada.

What Is a Temporary Resident Visa?

A Temporary Resident Visa is an official document, secured from a Canadian Immigration Visa Office outside of Canada, that shows you have satisfied the requirements for entry into Canada as a visitor. The Visa may be for single or multiple entries. Generally, tourists are admitted for a period of 6 months. Temporary foreign workers and international students are admitted for varying times, depending on their circumstances. Extensions may be sought while residing in Canada.

How Long Can You Stay With a Temporary Resident Visa?

Most Temporary Resident Visas are issued for 6 months. However, the length of authorized stay for a Temporary Resident Visa can be extended or shortened by the border patrol agent at the port of entry. A date for when you must leave Canada will be put into your passport or in a visitor record when you enter Canada. If you don’t get a stamp in your passport, you can stay for up to 6 months from the day you first entered Canada or until your passport expires, whichever comes first.

What Are the Requirements You Must Meet for a Temporary Resident Visa?

In addition to showing that you meet the requirements of the Immigration and Refugee Protection Act and Immigration and Refugee Protection Regulations, you must:

  • Satisfy an officer that you will leave Canada at the end of your stay
  • Show that you have enough money to maintain yourself and your family members in Canada, and have enough money to exit Canada at the end of your stay
  • Not intend to work or study in Canada unless authorized to do so with a work or study visa, too
  • Be law-abiding and have no record of criminal activity
  • Not be a risk to the security of Canada
  • Be in good health

You must supply any additional documentation that is requested of you during the Temporary Resident Visa application or at the port of entry.

Steps to Apply for a Visitor Visa

To secure a visitor visa, you first need to determine that you are eligible to travel into Canada. You must have all the necessary documentation to show your citizenship, a valid passport, vaccination status, and any other requested documents. In addition, if this is a first trip into Canada, you might be asked to submit biometrics: fingerprints and a photograph. You can apply for a visitor visa online. Once your application is received, you will be notified if additional information is needed. If your application is approved, you will be sent instructions on how to get your passport to the Immigration Visa Office to secure the visa. Now you are ready to travel to Canada.

Begin Your Temporary Resident Visa Application Now With Trusted Immigration Counsel

If you are seeking a Temporary Resident Visa, you can trust the knowledge and experience of Canadian Currents Immigration to guide you through the process. Completing the application process and gathering all of the supporting documentation can be daunting. With the aid of an experienced immigration lawyer at Canadian Currents Immigration, you can apply for a Temporary Resident Visa once we determine your eligibility.

Our immigration lawyers at Canadian Currents Immigration will review your status to determine your eligibility to apply for a Temporary Resident Visa and to help you through the various steps needed to secure your status.

Start with a confidential 30-minute consultation with a Canadian Currents Immigration immigration lawyer in Vancouver.

Call us now to book a time: 778-331-1164.

Book A Consultation

In This Section

    Client Testimonials

    Absolutely Amazing.

    “I’ve truly never felt so confident and comfortable from the compassion, legal advice, support, and trust I have received from this law firm. Whitney is absolutely amazing. You are doing yourself a disservice by not using her.”

    — K. M.

    Responsive and Supportive

    “Heather Tyminski was responsive and supportive during my entire time working with her. She explained my options clearly, and I am satisfied with the outcome. I highly recommend her.”

    — A. B.


    Made Easy

    With over 100 pathways to enter Canada, our immigration lawyers know how to listen, ask the right questions, and find the immigration pathway for you, and your family, that is most compatible with your skills and talents, as well as with your dreams.